So, you love to sail. Sailing means spending quality time on the water. As you spend the entire day sailing, you will also have to cook and eat. In case you are wondering what to cook when you are on a sailing holiday, you have come to the right place. Here are a few delicious but simple food recipes that you can prepare when you are on a sailing trip.
- Dishes with Tuna
One of the most luxurious species of fish is tuna. It also has a long tradition in the Adriatic. It is the source of protein and healthy omega-3 fatty. Here is a simple recipe that you can prepare with tuna.
- Scrubbed new potatoes, 800 gms
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon of fresh parsley
- 200gm fresh tuna
- A small red onion
- ¼ cucumber, chopped
- 2 handfuls of halved cherry tomatoes
- A pinch of black pepper
- Basil leaves for garnishing
The time required to prepare the dish is only 15 minutes and serves 2 large scoops.
How to Prepare?
- Take the potatoes and cook them for 20 minutes in boiling water.
- In the meantime, take a salad bowl; mix the garlic, parsley, and lemon juice. Now, add the onion to the mix and keep it aside.
- Now, drain out the potatoes then put them in the salad bowl. Make sure you do it while it is still hot. The potatoes are going to absorb the flavor as it cools down.
- As soon as the potatoes cool down, you need to add tomatoes, tuna, and also cucumber. Stir things together and add black pepper to taste. You have your dish ready.
- Mozzarella Salad
If you are hankering for a Mediterranean salad, Mozzarella Salad can be a good choice. The primary flavors in the dish come from mozzarella cheese and mortadella sausage. It is the perfect light salad for lunch or when you are taking your swim break. The salad can be prepared in just a few minutes.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tomatoes sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
It takes only 10 minutes to prepare this dish and will serve one large scoop.
How to Prepare?
- Place the slices of tomatoes and alternate them with slices of mozzarella.
- Take the balsamic vinegar, oil, and pepper in the jar that has a tight lid and shake it well. Next, over it drizzle some mozzarella and tomatoes. Lastly, sprinkle basil to top it up.
You will have a dish that is tasty and healthy at the same time.
When you are cooking onboard, the experience isn’t much different than your regular kitchen. However, one primary difference is the size. The space is limited. So, you need to make sure you are preparing simple meals to keep things organized.